Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” Spring brings out the desire to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs to get your house in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Miami to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to make sure all of your home’s systems are running properly for the summer. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Miami:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to make sure it can handle the summer heat. Improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by swapping out your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies will do this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Replace the caulking as needed. Install window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency. Open and close all your windows to check that they can freely move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house shine as well as a good, deep clean. Begin by decluttering your rooms to open up your home. Next, clean anything you don’t scrub regularly including floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your bathroom and kitchen fixtures to give them a shine. Move your furniture to clean under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to remove dirt and grime. Clean your draperies and shades and wipe down your shutters. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate your home is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearrange your furniture to change the room’s look. Or try shopping your house, which means switching out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Bring in more color with fresh paint, colorful accent pillows, and live plants.
If you want to completely redo the look of a room, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s full of photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for every space in your house. Once you’ve decided on a color scheme and style you like, you can bring in coordinating accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
Window treatments are a simple item to update that matches your style and brightens your rooms. You can choose from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
If you need more ideas for your home, browse through our design tips. And if you discover a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 305-520-7515 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will help you find the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.